Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday October 6th, 2014

Alrighty so yes transfers................................................RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I left the state, I'm in Rio. Campos is the name of the city. IT's pretty nice, it's a little hot sometimes which I love but it's been really cold recently. Like I feel like it's super cold. My companion is Elder Gonzalez from Santiago Chile. He was in the mtc with me and so we know each other pretty well and it will be a fun experience. In our district we have 4 wards (because the Zone leaders are in our district too.) We have Guarus 1 &2 Turf and the Zone leaders ward. So It's a pretty big district. We have a ton of challenges and it's going to be super fun. I know that the Lord is really going to help and inspire us to be better and the overcome the great challenges that we have. It's been a super fun week and we had a harder time with conference. I saw Sunday morning, almost all of the session and a little less then half of sunday afternoon. SO I'm getting all the talks today so I can listen to them. I thought it was super cool that everyone talked in their native language. When Elder Godoy spoke I was looking down and thought " well this translation is really good, I can't hear any english" I looked up and realized that he was speaking portuguese! The feeling that I felt was such a huge joy and I can't imagine what the other brazilians felt. i know everyone was really excited and happy. It is a super cool experience and it would have been super cool to have been there hearing it in person. I really enjoyed the talks of Elder Bednar e President Monson. The other talks I didn't hear as much so I'll listen to them today. Maybe....I lost my memory card that I was using to listen to music.........so I'll try with the pendrive today. 

Anyways the last day in cobilandia was super fun, I don't think I've cried that much since I left home. BUt it was a super good experience and won't be the last time I see everyone. I'll definitely have to go back and visit. It was super hard to break the news to them. But Gilberto took it really well and said basically after a lot of hugs Well the next missionaries will have to baptize me and we'll send you pictures. :) Thats awesome, because I toltally broke down telling him we were leaving. Then we went and visited Josimar and Karina(who had been baptized the day before) and they both cried, and then asked me to say the prayer...... then we went to ana paula's house and she taught us! We had her teach us and she taught a lesson super powerful and spiritual and me and my companion were both amazed. And then we h ad to tell her we were leaving. Fun. BUt these are memories that we will never forget. Elder Barreto( My old companion) is training and he left the state too, but he's in Minas Gerais in the city Nunuque. So we are on opposite ends of the mission now but he'll have a ton of fun there and it will be super good.

ANyways these are the major updates and I'll stop now so I can send pictures :) But Its all good and sunny here in RIO and the Gospel is being preached with love and vigor. Read the Book Of Mormon! Hold tight to it and doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. I know this church is true, that we have a prophet on the earth today. He and 14 others spoke this last weekend and they spoke the words of God. They testified of Christ and are His disciples. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that he restored the Church of God on earth. and I know that Christ lives. That HE is our savior and Loves each one of us and we should become as He IS. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


I'm pretty sure these are the pictures from his last day in his last area, before transfers. Where the missionaries get to go around and say their good byes before they leave!






No comments:

Post a Comment