Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday July 6th, 2015 ~ The last letter


Well this last week has been super exciting, all of the hardest challenges are always at the end, but the Lord upholds the righteous. So I heard about President Packer, I found out firday night. That was a little tough, haha only one more week in the mission and so I wont be able to watch his funeral. But it all is according to the Lords Plan. Tough but all works out for the best. Its interesting because two of the Apostles who had always been such a steady anchor, and a firm foundation are now on the other side of the veil. They bore such powerful testemonies about families and have sealed their testimonies. It was nice though because thursday we had a leadership meeting in Vitória and the theme was The Proclamation to the World about the Family. And I was chosen on spot to give a talk during the meeting. Haha my companion didnt tell me the theme until the hour before the meeting. But i enjoyed the experience and thankfully I had the proclamation in my planner, so I could read it. I really enjoyed the talk because i could feel the spirit testifying. That's tough about kiki though, I'm glad she got a blessing. The doctors will know what to do, she just has to take good care of it!

So other news flash, this is my last email. Next week if i send an email it will be super quick. We spend the whole day in trainings with President Young on Monday. So....this is it. the last one. As for baptisms, other than that we have one man we are teaching that could be baptized this week. He's 83 and he's the dad of a member who always takes care of us. He doesnt understand too well whats happening but wants to change his life and come unto Christ so we'll see how it goes. He's really old and doesnt really understand me when I talk so...we'll just go forward with faith. We have another man we are teaching, his name is Dionisio. We met him last week on monday when we were leaving our area to go to FHE. He had taken 4 bottles of medicine and drank a lot of alcohol and was smoking. He explained that he would wake up the next morning because he had taken to medicine to commit suicide and that he was doing that so that no one woould suffer any more with his addiction to crack. So we talked with him a lot, gave him a blessing and took him home. Since that day we have been teaching him every day. Its not easy because he has addictions that are really strong. But the change that is happening in him is wonderful. Wednesday we almost didnt even recognize him as he passed by us in the park. He had cut his beard, and hadnt used anything that day. He had a light the radiated from him. He had a relapse on the weekend and didnt go to church with us because of it but slowly he's changing, He is having a light enter in his life and in his eyes. I love him a ton and I know that he will have to struggle for a while before he is completely free but it reminds me of that video the mormon message the Hope of God's light. I would love to show it to him but it doesnt exsist in portuguese. They are taking forever to translate the mormon messages.  But I know it will all work out well. 

I love the mission, I love that I have been able to see so many changes in the Children of Heavenly Father. I love the Gospel, it truly is the light that illuminates us because it is Christ's. IF we live the gospel and follow the Lord's light we will find eternal happiness and joy that will abide with us forever. The Love of God fills our souls and literally burns in our Heart. I know that God Lives, that Jesus is His son. That we are all children of God and that He has an eternal plan for each one of us. He Loves us and we can feel His Love keeping His commandments. If we obey His will we will feel His love and have eternal life. The greatest gift of God. I know this work is true. I know it is His work and that He calls the meek and the willing to fullfill it. Young men who are all about 20 are doing a wonderful work and a wonder along with the young women called to do this glorious work. This is God's purpose, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. The Book of Mormon is true and we have living prophets today. President Monson is a living prophet of God and Jospeh was the prophet who restored the true church of God here on earth. I love you all and miss you so much and I am so grateful that i was called to represent the Lord and found worthy to do so for these 2 years. I love my mission and I love you all and leave with you my testimony, In the sacred name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Reedemer. Amen.

Com amor profundo,
Elder Brexton Simonsen
Brasil Vitória Mission
2013-2015


ta ai meu querido

No comments:

Post a Comment