Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday June 29th, 2015

Well this week has actually been really good, spiritually speaking. As for our investigators and money...not so much. We are working super hard and doing everything we can but we haven't had investigators go to church for a long time. So we don't have any one progressing. But it will all work out in the end. The big focus of this last week was following the Spirit and trusting in the Lord. Following all the little promptings and becoming like Christ. Doing what He would do and being exactly obedient to the Spirit. It was a super good experience and full of lots of love and warmth and we had a couple of really cool contacts and some really spiritual lessons. But we have to keep working. Being dilligent and keeping the Lord in our hearts. I was doing really good until yesterday afteroon. Haha I have only 2 more sundays here and everyone keeps reminding me. But its been a huge blessing being here. I had the opportunity to give a talk yesterday, I talked about praying with faith. Its a part of chapter 4 in Preach my Gospel. I really enjoy this chapter and have been thinking about my prayers lately and how they need to be better and how i must constantly submit my will to the Lords. Its been a little tough because....well I've been a little sick prayers at night have been a little tough. I've had a ton of runny nose and to pray when you bow your head and your nose cloggs, it gets a little hard to breath and stay in that position for  a while. Its all good though, I only had the I stayed home one night and slept and went to the doctor and got medicine. then another elder got what I had and so this morning we cleaned the house really well. But other than that we havent had too much that's happened. 

The miracle of the week was......the day after the day that I was really sick we went home so that I could take a nap for about 2 hours and when I woke up I was feeling even worse that i had the day before. so we called the other elders and did a division with them. I laid down for about another half an hour and then told the missionary that was with me that I was fine and that we were going to leave and go visit his appointment. He looked at me bewildered and said the he thought we would spend the rest of the night at home. But I really felt that we needed to leave and go work. So we started going and we were walking up a stair case and someone called out to us and turned out to be a contact that they couldnt find her house. So we talked with her and shared a really spiritual lesson with her and then continued our climb to the other appointment. When we got there she wasnt there but her daughter was (she is about 30) so we started teaching her. And the lesson was super spiritual as well. The Spirit was really strong and guiding our words. We invited them to be baptized  but because she has already been baptized in another church she didnt accept baptism. But the miracle was that the Spirit testified so strongly and that we felt such a great joy and that even though she didnt accept we know we did what we need to do. The Lord is at the head of this work. It's His work and we must follow His Spirit to do it. I'm so grateful for my mission and for all that I've learned and for my leaders here. I'm so grateful for what the Lord has done for me and has helped me to become. I love you all and miss you so much.

Love Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment