Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday June 1st, 2015



Alrighty so, I'm emailing late because this morming the email wasnt working but it looks like you all are having a ton of fun. That's really cool that President sent a letter to you. I really love him a lot, he is really inspired. This week has been pretty crazy, it was the last week of the transfer and so we were running a lot. But this is the last transfer now. Its weird how fast things are going and its getting harder to not feel pressured with the little time left. But I know that now is the moment to be dilligent and to endure to the end. Keep a good head on the shoulders and go forward with faith. Make this last transfer the best. I wasnt transfered so it will be a lot easier to work because I already know the missionaries and the area so it will be good. I'm still with elder Barreto. Haha i trained him about a year back and know he will be my last companion. We are growing and learning a ton. Especially about obedience but i really love this area. Colatina is a super beautiful city and the branch is an amazing branch. There are tons of really cool people here. Oh btw add daliane and other people from Colatina, Espirito Santo if you have time. 

As for the study, to be honest the last 2 weeks I havent been able to have a lot of good studying because we have been running a lot doing divisions and its cut into the personal study time. But still the days that I got to study have been really good. But today, Elder McDown was trying to figure out what stuff he was going to leave in the house and he put his big preach my gospels out. So I picked up the english one and started reading it a little. Its been a while since I've been able to really sit down and read it in english. And I started to read chapter 6 and felt very strongly again that I need to focus on this chapter. I need to become like Christ and become like Him. So I think I'll be studying that this next week. I've studied quite a bit about Cornelius in acts 10 and 11 and I've studied some of John as well as jacob 2-4. Its just starting to hit me that in a little bit, this will all be over. The thing i've been doing for the last 2 years every day, will be over and then I will have to go back to normal life. Its just a little strange. I'm trying not to think too much about it but everyonce in a while I remember. But I know the Lord will help me and that I will endure and keep working hard until the moment they release me. I just have to stay calm.

As for hearing about Elder Perry, i found out yesterday at church. they anounced it at the pulpit. I had no idea, for me he seemed one of the healthiest of them. It came out of no where but I know that the Lord has a time and a season for everyone and that it has been a while since an Apostle of the Lord has passed on. I really loved him though, and I know i didnt know him that well but it was nice to see his big smile. 

Thanks so much for the pictures, they are really pretty. Kiara and Brooklyn have changed so much. They are both really pretty. and the pictures from disney looked really cool.

As for the biggest lesson i've learned. How to pray. how to really talk to the Lord and to learn to trust in Him completely and that He has a plan. How to become like He is, and to feel His love for His children and us. To realize how many blessings he has given us and how everything is literally for us. I know that the things I've learned in the mission are here to help me prepare for the rest of my life and to help prepare me to enter into His presence. I'm so grateful for my mission and all that He's done for me and all that you and dad do for me. I love you both so much and miss you all.

Love Elder Simonsen

study charity and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment