Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday June 22nd, 2015



Haha it totally forgot that it was fathers day................I don't have any notion of time any more. All the days are the same, all things are always in the same routine but its all good. This week was fun, we had divisions with the assistents and I went with Elder Gingrich, who is going home with me. It was really fun and interesting to see how much he has changed since I knew him when I was in Linhares.But not too much has been going on, we are working hard and trying to do the best we can. Every week is super tough, its been a while since I've had real investigators now. Hopefully we can get some this week. We are working in an area thats a little far away from the chapel but its a way nicer area and I know that its where the Lord wants us to work. I've started rereading or continuing  Jesus the Christ and really working hard to develop christ like attributes. Rereading my journal entries from the beginning of my mission and trying to really trust in the Spirit and preach the gospel. I want to give everything I have in these last 3 weeks that I have here I want to do the best I can. So I'm working really hard on obeying the Spirit. For example my companion this week shared a scriptures that talks about Nephi and Laban and how Nephi obeyed the Spirit and killed laban. So I've been thinking about that and how sometimes we lose that courage to follow all of the promptings of the Spirit and give little excuses. But how when we really follow with Faith the promptings of the Spirit we can do miracles. We need to have faith nothing doubting. Doubt is the enemy of faith. It deystroys it. When Satan tempted Christ after those 40 days fasting the temptation was IF thou art the Christ. He was trying to make Him doubt. He was trying to weaken the Lords faith. We must trust in the Lord Completely. IF we follow the Spirit in all things we will never be wrong. The Lord supports His children and Loves them. I know that he Cares and loves every single one of us. I know that He hears our prayers and He always prepares a way for us to accomplish what it is that he commands us. We must only choose to follow Him. 

A cool experience was that last night I had the privilidge to run to another city to do an interview for an investigator who wanted to be baptized. She had to be interviewed by President Young but because of the time schedule President did the part that he needed of the interview and we had to finish the interview. So last night after church I got on a bus and spend the whole afternoon traveling and after the interview I got to meet the other person who was going to be baptized that night. His name is afonso and it was the sisters that were teaching him. He is a man who is so humble so grateful and truly was shining with the Light of Christ. He was super excited for his baptism. And after his baptism I was cleaning the bathroom and He came out after changing and you could see that he had been crying. I gave him the biggest hug I could. He is a more elderly man about in his late 60's but he was so happy. I love seeing the People so happy. I'm so grateful for him and his testimony and the Love of that Branch. I know that they will take good care of him.

As for my pant size, I have no idea.....I've gotten quite skinny. The pants that I couldnt close in the beginning of my mission, my gray ones, I have to use a belt now or they are super loose and low. So.....when I get back we need to eat a ton but it needs to be a slow start and progression.......but I'll gain it all back again. So it would probably be better wait until i get back to get pants..... but its all good. The Lords errand has other rewards that physical weight. I love you all and miss you so much and cant wait to see you all soon.

Love Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment