Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday October 14th, 2013


Okay so a ton has happened this week. but one thing i want is pictures, if when you send me a letter if you could send another little picture of each person I would appreciate it. And that's awesome with talon and soccer. He's going to do great!!!

Okay so this week so much has happened and it's a little hard to focus today because but I will try to remember the rest of the week. I'll start with why I can't focus. SO last night we had splits in our district (i think that's the english word but i'm not sure and my companion was district leader so I went with the other elder in our district who is a brazilian) any ways it was really good and I can communicate in portuguese but I need help with conjugations a lot because they have 6 tenses compared to our 3...but anyways we met up again at a members house after the splits and my companion walks in (remember he's district leader. oh and the family whose house we were at is awesome, their daughter is leaving in like 2 weeks to serve in england portuguese speaking, yeah not sure how that works but they are an amazing family) and says (clearly frustrated) we are being transfered to another area tomorrow(today) as an emergency transfer. We don't know why and I don't think we will ever know why but we had two baptisms scheduled this week, we have been working wih 2 less active families, we finally had a service activity that I was super excited for because the guy is really cool (the father of a member but he isn't a member) and we were going to help paint their house. (oh btw generally here some houses or most that we visit are like the size of our living room and my room and maybe talons room. thats their house. other houses have like 3 rooms, one house was as big as my room) and we had an investigator that was doing really well with the word of wisdom (relapsed the other day though because it was a holiday) ad even kicked out her boyfriend so she could live the law of chastity. So many awesome things going on in our area anddddd we get transfered. Oh well, the sisters are getting our area and they will definitely enjoy our success and I'm not too devestated but it is a little sad. BUt right now I'm just excited to see this new area.

Okay so the holiday that happened on saturday is called Dia das Crianchas or day of kids. BAsically the kids have this holiday but at night all the parents drink and party. SPeaking of parties on firday they had this really big, like really big concert in our area and I was so glad that we couldn't go near it. We could however go to the vendors near and get some food. I had this thing called a pasties and it was amazing it had a kind of sausage in it with cheese and other things and then we drank I think its this, the juice of a sugar cane that had been pressed. Anyways it was really good. Oh and yesterday at a members house we had this desert...It was amazing!!! I ate so much at that meal and then she pulled out this desert and It was like, I can't even describe it. It was choclate and was like melted ice cream and just amazing. One of the other american missionaries and I ate so much that we were pretty much sick after wards. Like he was laying on the ground and didn't want to move. 

Anyways the mission is amazing and yes it is still dificult. Sometimes i feel like I'm standing on the other side of a glass window watching because most of the time I understand but I can't think fast enough to participate as much as I want to. Or the one time I get asked a question I don't understand what they are saying. But it's all good and it will all come. As for my package I won't know until november when we have transfer meetings. We get letters from our zone leaders but everything else only comes at transfer meetings every six weeks.  Don't worry about money, I have a lot. I transfered my 200 to brazilian money and it basically is doubled in brazil and I have like 200 left. If I get my camera fixed I'll have less but everyone keeps telling me to just buy a new one but Idk what i'll do yet. I'd rather get it fixed because I really like this camera. So not sure yet. But I want to send pictures but The camera won't even turn on because the lense is stuck halfway out so it just glitches. So we'll see what I'll do.That's sweet about brook making the soccer team and courtny's race. They are both doing really good. And kiara should hurry and beat brook on her persoal progress. Where is he applying for jobs?

Oh speaking of which I remembered today one of the missionaries gave me his picture thing, the one of the soldier that has the red, white and blue angle wings with the scripture, super excited to have that. For free too. But don't worry about me I have like 3 times the amount of stuff other missionaries have. That's cool about the bishopric and about you getting braces, what color do you have. And don't feel bad most people here have braces as adults because they are expensive.

Love you all so much and miss you tons!!! Keep doing the things your supposed to!

Love Elder SImonsen

ps. I bought this awesome tiger blanket because it has been so cold with the rain, your going to laugh when you see it and btw, I do not like little dogs, so many people have them here and they are so annoying. I'm talking like little chiawa dogs or however you spell it. Oh and you should read jesus the christ. It gets really good after chapter 20.

Oh yeah and I'm getting fat, Like we eat so much...everyone gives us food. I weigh almost 74 kilograms. Idk how much that is in pounds but just wanted to give you a laugh.

Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment