Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday December 16, 2013

Okay so today we are a bit later because today is the last p-day for my companion and we have been running around trying to do a bunch of different things but we finally made it to a computer! 

Yes that is exactly what I tell the people that ask why we are here and we say it so much. But it's always a good reminder. I was thinking about that the other day and it is something super important and you can tell apart the missionaries because of that.

 SO transfers are tomorrow! I'll find out tomorrow who my new comapnion is. Elder Petersen left today (I'll still get to see him tomorrow before I leave) but today I'm with the zone leaders again. Good news is I will stay in our area :) The other news is that pretty much everyone else in our zone is leaving. The other american in our house is staying :) and the brazilian of serra sede is staying as well. BUt everyone else is leaving. So things are going to be so different. Oh and as for the christmas talk. We are going to skype and the only thing I need from you is my old skype password and username. I think I know what it is but I don't remember...worst comes to worst make a new one for me and have me added on your skype account. 

fasting is super cool and super powerful, it's just sometimes difficult but is super powerful. And always get blessings! Don't have fear of them. They are so important and powerful. It's still really cool to give blessings in portuguese. We gave another blessing this week and it's still just cool. Portuguese is going good. My accent is still hard sometimes for other people but I'm improving. Understanding is improving too but when I say improving I can understand places I normally couldnt. Like on the bus and on the phones we use and things similar. It's nice.

The 87 year old man. It's not in my hands. Mission president ruled but. If this man shows a desire to change he can but he has problems other then just killing people and he is kinda of crazy. Like literally. 

So this week because it was my companions last week we visited a lot of members...we still worked but it's at a lot slower pace. Saturday I had the opportunity to go with him to a place in Vitória to buy things for his family. Originally I wasn't supposed to go but because the other missionary didn't show up he called our Mission President and he gave me authorization. Soooo I bought some stuff for you all. In reality I bought a thing for dad, for you, and for talon. Only because they took credit card. (I had no cash on me, it was a last minute thing so I wasn't prepared) BUT you will love what I bought. You just have to wait to get it. Only 20 more months! :p speaking of which when you send me more pictures (packages) can you send me a good picture that stands long ways and not fat. Any picture that you want of family but I would like a more recent one ( one from around the time I left is still recent too) I would be sincerely grateful. 

Thats cool about Brook scoring goals. How does she celebrate them? She does something right? But seriously thats cool she is doing well in soccer. I want to play so bad here but missionaries aren't allowed to. Too many injuries. I miss talon too but I'm doing what's right here in brazil. I miss everyone but yeah, I miss talon a ton. Oh talking about the week again we had the chance to visit our baptisms in the old area yesterday (president authorized) and it was really cool. One has completely changed. His name is jefferson and he is amazing. He is 20 or 21 years old, and he is amazing. We knew when we found him he was different. He wants to serve a mission and he is so strong in the church. The whole ward there loves him and he is just an amazin young man. His mom was the reason we found him and she is finally getting married!!!!!! In february but now she can be baptized too! That has to be the biggest obstacle for some people here. A majority of people here don't marry legally on paper with the government and so they can't be baptized.

Anyways, everything is going good and all is well. I love you all and miss you all so much and can't wait to talk to you on christmas!!!!

Elder Simonsen


No comments:

Post a Comment