Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday December 9, 2013

So this week has been a pretty good week. But one of the things that stuck out most this week is just how many things i'm grateful for. So many huge blessings in my life and I am only just beginning. It's truly incredible when you count your blessings. So the first thing is I love my family they are awesome and I miss them so much. It's nice being here but you difinitely feel that they aren't here.So I'll work backwards this week.
Last night we had an FHE (Family Home Evening)  with that family we always visit. All the kids are members but the parents aren't married so they can't be baptized. The mom wants to and has a huge testimony but the dad isn't there yet. Anyways this family is awesome and they are like our little family here. But so me and my companion walk in super late in the pretty much end of FHE and right there we are asked to bear testimony. We don't even know what about...so they tell us it's about families and I'm just thinking in my head from what we just came from they want us to bear testmony...okay I'll do it. So I bear testimony about eternal families then my companion. Then the dad bears testimony about how important familias are (no one expected that) and then we had HOT DOGS! It was really good but it was also a super cool experience.
So before that me and my companion had gone to church with an investigator and it was a christian congregation of brazil...So different and it was nice but I like our church so much better and we sing so much better. I thought i was going to go deaf in this little church. There were ladies that literally screamed the hymns. I'm not joking. Screamed the hymns. It was a completely different experience from our church. All the ladies wear viels. Completely diffrent and i had a huge headache when we left, my companion did as well. The book of mormon makes all the difference. the restoration is what seperates us from all other religions and churches. Those key factors sacerdócio, profetas, O Livro de Mórmon, revelação. So important. (portuguese for brook :p )
Okay so the zone leaders and my companion got me really good this week. I found out monday night as we were leaving the house that I was going to do a split with the zone leaders and I was going to spend the night. So of course I wasn't happy because I had already spent 3 days last week there and was just getting used to the area so I said one phrase "I like to stay in my area, I don't particularly enjoy leaving our area." So they decided to pull a joke. I thought I was coming home in like one day, so I literally brought pretty much nothing. So tuesday morning they tell me that I'm going to stay until friday. Then halfway it changes to saturday because my companion was going to baptize someone from our old area. So I'm thinking I have one pair of garments that I'm wearing and literally the pants and shirt I'm wearing and pants and shorts to sleep in....I at that point was like okay what ever i'll stay but I wasnt super pleased with every one because no one told me any thing at all. I didn't do anything but I just wasnt super thilled. Still taught amazing with the Leader of the zone. But tuesday night he's feeling bad because I don't have anything at there house so he tells me it's all a joke. I thought it was pretty good but the funny thing is the other zone leader then got the impression that he needed to stay in my area for one more day. So I spent monday to thursday mid-day in the same clothes. Fun experience but we had such a great time teaching. We found this one kid who is amazing and it all happened because of a simple whisper from the spirit. Talking to one lady and she cleary didn't want anything to do with us. the church of the acts of the apostles. So I ask do you know anyone that would benifit from our message. BAM because of this we find this one diamond in the dust. Super cool.
Anyways that was super long. As for letters, generally we get them every six weeks we have just been super lucky this transfer. I got char's letter and grandma stakers and all of grandma simonsens. valentines day. Just candy.
Okay Love you all!
Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment