Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday November 10th, 2014

Alrighty so this week was super crazy but Ill try to get it all in. This week flew by and honestly was super hard and interesting. SO monday was pretty normal, tuesday i spent some time down town getting supplies for the elders in the zone....and ensuring the fact that the people of our district get their supplies. Long story short we carried a microwave for about 35 mins walking to our house only to get there and realize that we didn't have keys...and the zone leaders were too far away to open our house.....so we managed to get the door open :) when you got an Brazilain Special forces and American Air force together....we'll just say that doors or locks cant stop them ;) but locking doors is a different story. Haha because we couldnt relock the door afterwards and just called the zone leaders and they locked the door later that night. Then this week we had an open house at the church and its a super great idea but we didn't have much time to pass out the invites and stuff like that, so we didn't have too many people. It was thursday, friday and saterday. And of these 3 days 2 of them I spent in divisions and doing interviews for baptism and helping with other things, but I spent friday there trying to help. We had the opportunity to watch 4 or 5 movies because we were waiting for people to come visit and I thought it would be a great idea if the member there watched movies while we were waiting. ANd it actually worked out really well. We watched on the lords errand, the legacy, special witness of christ, finding happiness, and a bunch of other church films I found in the library. IT really brought the spirit and helped the members be strenghtened.

SO yeah I don't have too much to report on this week. It happened so fast that I'm not sure what really happened. I'm still studying the Book of Mormon and a little of the bible, I've picked up Jesus the Christ again a little , and the Lord is truely providing for us because we are having people come to church, and a lot of missionaries don't have any investigators going to church. But we don't have any investigators. Literally we really don't have any because we have been running around so much, but I stayed for this next transfer so this week will be a lot easier and we will have a ton of time to work and draw closer to the Lord. IF anything I've grown more sure of my future plans and learned how to ponder better the principles of the gospel this week. I'm running and having tons of fun and all is well in this part of Zion. I will need a new journal soon though, so if you could get one of those ones I like i would be super happy. ONly one though and as for supplies I'm good. When you send music only send it in mp3 format, because if not it wont play. I love being here in Campos and I'm so happy for this opportunity to serve the Lord and grow closer to Him. I love you all and hope all is well and that you all are reading your scriptures daily and serving those you love and all you know.. This week we will be in Vitoria wednesday for a conference with a member of the Brazil Area Presidency, so should have plenty of changes coming our way. I'm super excited and hope that I can learn lots.  
I love you all and miss you tons.
Love Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment