Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday April 6th, 2015



Alrighty so .....this week has been super fun. As for conference, I only watched sunday, and had the amazing opportunity to watch the Priesthood session in between the sunday sessions. Literally 6 hours of conference. But At least the next conference I'll be home and will be able to watch it without worry and what not. 

We could only watch saturday if we had investigators with us....So we were going to try and get the saturday afternoon session but lunch was super late. like we got to lunch at 1:30 (first sesion starts at 1 here and the second session at 5) and we left lunch at 4......i was super excitied.... (every conference we miss most of saturday because of lunch, oh well) then we had to help a investigator change rooms. Her mom had cancer 5 years back, went through treatment and hasn't left her bed since then. she is obeise and already had health problems. But because of mold in her room she needed to change rooms. they told us on friday so we made arrangements to switch the rooms saturday and because we left lunch so late, we knew there would be no way to get to conference. We tried to put it on her computer but....it didnt work too well. we were busy moving things. I'm super happy a member went there to help though. if not we literally would not be able to do it. It took all four of us to put her in a wheel chair because she cant walk. So we literally lifted her off the bed into the chair. But it was good service. I'm happy we could be such a big help to her.

As for college I'm working on it still. I'll be honest and say that its not easy. I Know where the Lord wants me to be and I'm prayer to confirm that its right but I've been having a really hard time. It's a big decision and I want to make the right one. I've also been having tons of problems with my companion. I love him a ton, but he does not want to be here and does not want to do anything. Anything. He had a lot of super tough companions and literally stopped doing everything. So i'm working with that and having no money............well we are starting to get paid back from the buses we took because I finally managed to send the reembulsment (recipt) so in a little bit we should have money again. But don't worry we aren't super hungry we are getting a lot of food. From investigators and members. So we just have to be humble and accept when they offer. Its interestinf because I thought I knew what poor is.....haha I'm learning a little better. But Mom, you dont need to worry, the Lord is taking care of us. these trials are here not only to test our faith but to help us grow. to prepare us for the rest of our lives. I know that eventually we will pass and look back and be grateful because of the things the Lord has taught us. Don't worry about me, I'm on the Lords errand and as such He will take care of us. As the scriptures teach 
" And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider thelilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
 29 And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.
 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
the Lord will prepare a way for us but we must learn to trust in Him. We must go until we think we cannot go anymore and then the Lord shows us that we can. Especially when we are with Him. Salvation isn't easy and if the Lord who was perfect suffered all these things are we greater than He? No, so just smile and wave ;) the Lord is with us. (They who are with us are more than those who are against; Elijah)


So yeah the week is going, We are learning and we are growing. I know these things will be hard because if it were easy it wouldnt be called salvation. If the kingdom of God Didnt require all we have, we wouldn't be grateful for what we receive. I know that for college if I had stopped and asked the Lord what He wanted for me instead of what I wanted, I could have resolved the problems before i left. MAybe even before I went to college. But I also know that in the Lords own time are things given, faith includes trusting in the Lords timing (Elder Neal A Maxwell) I know that I need to work to become a Religious Professor at BYU. The problem that I'm having is the major. There really isnt a set major that leads you there. thats why I thought biology, or maybe History or literally anything. But I'm feeling that it might need to be the middle east. I know the most commom major for these professors is the Ancient Near Eastern studies, and I thought that might be the answer. But I've been feeling that maybe I need to study the middle East itself. I heard that in a prayer I had, and thought that maybe it would be the Ancient one because I didnt think byu had that major. But following the middle east major I don't know How i would be amply prepared to become what the Lord has shown me I need to become. Maybe I'm lacking faith, I know that fear is stopping me from moving forward and I know that fear is the opposite of faith. And I do not doubt that Satan is using this fear, I feel paralyzed to make the decision because I know it will change my life. I know that he is working against me so that I don't reach my potential because I will make a difference. I know that he is trying to take my prayer and my faith. I do not have any doubts that he is real and that he is literally fighting against us and our Father. What I need to do it have the faith to put him behind me and trust the Lord. Depsite what ever consequence may follow. I read in the last conference a talk that talks about currents (ocean currents) and in the last part there is a quote from President Kimball-
If we can create … a strong, steady current flowing toward our goal of righteous life, we and our children may be carried forward in spite of the contrary winds of hardship, disappointment, [and] temptations.”12




The name of the talk is trifle not with sacred things.

I really like this quote as well.
Heavenly Father has blessed us with the supernal gift of the Holy Ghost to guide our choices. He has promised us inspiration and revelation as we live worthy to receive such. I invite you to take advantage of this divine gift and examine your choices by asking yourself the question, “Are my decisions firmly planted in the rich soil of the gospel of Jesus Christ?” I invite you to make whatever adjustments are needed, whether small or large, to ensure the eternal blessings of Heavenly Father’s plan for you and those you love.

Anyways thats the news flash. Here in like 4 weeks we can talk face to face :) will be so much fun but its in the next transfer so......I wont think about it too much yet. I love you tons and hope all is well.  Love you!

Love, Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment