Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday February 17, 2014


Wow this week was really long but I finally got your package. I got the one that brook sent and I got the one with all the food. THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to get so fat and I just sat there and looked at the food for the longest time. I was so happy! And thank you for the pendive and for all the music and for the talks and your letters. I really appreciated them. They made me so happy. I cannot describe my joy about the food. I literally still don't know exactly what to do. I want to eat it all so bad but I want to save some of it too because it is so special, and AMERICAN. Literaly so Happy. It was amazing. Thank You so Much. I am so very grateful.


So update on the week. Basically that family we spent the last 6-7 weeks with dropped us. So that was really sad. We were realy dissapointed, at least I was. Then we decided we are going to start working in another neighborhood and so we have done a lot of walking this week. Because we haven't been able to switch completely yet so we spend a lot of time running back and forth between the two. But we have a couple of really good investigators and they are progressing. So I think I forgot to tell you but I finished the book of Mormon in portuguese like 2 weeks ago so I have been having a hard time figuring out what to read exactly...still dont have a definite answer but I started the doctrine and covenants and I started the Book of Mosiah. So yeah...don't know what I'm doing yet. Oh and every once in a while jesus the christ in portuguese. So I'm all over the place. I'll hopefully figure out what I'll study soon. It would help a ton.


So the lesson for this week was about humility and discerning from the Spirit. Yeah I'm still working on those two. I need to be more humble and so I'm trying to find all these scriptures about humility and studying it. I'm also trying to work on patience (yeah this week wasn't so good with patience) but those two go kind of hand in hand. Discerning from the Spirit is something Elder Gerald is really good at and something I'm trying to learn from  him. I keep trying to work faster and harder but in reality I need to slow down and think and enjoy the journey. Not stop think and start running again. So Hopefully I can figure some more of that out this week. It's cool though becuase the Spirit has been teaching me a ton and I have a ton I need to improve. I need to think of Jesus more and have a more christ centered life. It's funny we are doing missionary work but sometimes you still don't think about Him a lot during the day. You just go but I'm trying to work on that and I'm waiting for the Book of mormon in english to study more about the character of Christ. It's tough because I really want to study the Character of Christ but for me it needs to be in english and I'm always doing stuff in portuguese so...it's going a little slower.


Anyways It's all good. How's life there? How is school? Court freaking out about college yet? Brook's birthday's coming what's she going to do? Kiara! I'm going to write you letter today so be ready. I'll try to send it this week. Talon and Emmy...I saw part of FROZEN!!! It's amazing! It was in portuguese but still it's really good. Look up the song on youtube called "livre-estou" its the portuguese version of the song by demi levato. Anyways this family where we eat sometimes played it literally 50 times during lunch because all the little kids love it!! How's dad doing?
Anyways I love you and hope all is well!
Love Elder Simonsen <3

No comments:

Post a Comment