Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday February 24, 2014

WOW. Idk even know where to start anymore....this is a crazy email. Like getting hit by a truck. Didn't see any of this coming.
I'm sad about sister dansons mom. That's really sad and I feel her pain. But it's times like this that we can remember the Plan of Slavation and how amazing it truly is. (Its my favorite lesson to teach) Then about the temple...wow that's crazy awesome. I'm so happy for that and the people you met there. I think it's so awesome. I'm so happy for them. I can't even describe how happy I am for them. Then sister hazelgreens new husband....thats cool.So why did the sisters call to ask dad to give the prayer? Then the ward splitting........................................................................... wow well have fun. I'm sure it will be a whole new adventure. Just be prepared because its going to be a huge change. A HUGE change. But that's just how I feel ;) But I don't think we will be with julington creek anymore. And that means I'll come back to a ward where I literally don't know anyone....só vai.  That sounds like a super crazy week though and hearing from provo will be super cool. Does she have money saved up? 

Alright now for the main point:
Today is the one year aniversary of having the Priesthood for me and so I've been thinking a lot about that and the things I've done with the priesthood and the things the priesthood is used for and about Christ and the Prophets and Apostles. SO Today I will write about the priesthood and what it means for me and how much it has changed me in this one year.
So I am a completely different person than I was one year ago this date. So much has changed and so much of it was because of scripture study and prayer. BUt on the mission I've been realizing how much I've changed from entereing the mtc to entering the field. And how much my faith has grown and the personality traits I have adquired. (if I spell wrong its because I'm mixing portuguese with english and yeah just go with it, just spell check for me) anyways, I have literally become one of the people that just do it. You tell me what needs be done and I find a way to get it done. I work every hour I can and always stay occupied with something to do. I don't think I've ever been so focused and tired in my life. BUt a lot of this is because of the spiritual confirmations that have come to me while using the priesthood, praying and reading the scriptures. So thinking about things I've done with the priesthood and the things the priesthood is used for and about Christ and the Prophets and Apostles, I was thinking about their hands. And all the people they blessed and how the part principal is using your hands to use the priesthood. I thought of how it is all done by touch and thought of all the people Christ blessed and cured using the priesthood and I began to think about all the people I've given blessings to. It is truly amazing to use the priesthood and it truly is a gift and is insepreable (sp?) connected to our worthiness and our faith, as well as to the powers of heaven. I can testify that you feel the power of God flow through you if you are but worthy to be an insturment in the hands of the Lord. You literally feel the love of God envelope your body. You feel the Spirit warm your soul and you shine. 
The Priesthood is often called just that but we often forget that sometimes it is reffered to the Holy Priesthood of God. I have come to appreciate the power of language and understand better how it is used. Adding the word Holy literally changes how you think about the word Priesthood but that is literally what it is. The Holy Priesthood. It is something sacred given to man to bless the children of God here on earth. And an essential part of the Priesthood is the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit. Because it is through him that we know what to say and what to do and when to use the Priesthood appropriately. He is literally our Guide and we are literally given in the very hour and the very moment what we need to say. And we truly speak the words of Christ (2 Nephi 32:1-5 I love this scripture) but they are fullfilled in accordance with our faith. Faith  is literally the first priciple of the Gospel because without that first step you do not have any other step.

I've been studying alot as well about teaching with Power and Authority of God and to do this we need the Spirit and it is something that I'm looking to study a little more about but I believe it relates to the Priesthood in the Fact that through our Preisthood covenant we are called to Preach the Gospel and we do so with the Power and Authority of God which is the Literal defintion of the Priesthood. Therefore the oath and the Covenant of the Priesthood should be something that we always remember and keep with us in our mind.
So to close, the Holy Priesthood is the power and authority of God given to man on this earth to work in the salvation of all mankind in the ordinances necessary and proper for our exsistence. This things are true and I testify in the name of our beloved Savior and Redeemer of Israel, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Elder Simonsen

 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment