Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10th, 2014

I don't know what your talking about for the w-2 forms....I would just have dad go on my byu account and look for the stuff. I don't remember the password stuff but it should have been saved on my computer. Also DON'T  delete any of the pictures of talon and emmy on my computer. My pendrive that had everything importnant on it doesn't work anymore. Like it's gone, so I lost all those pictures :( 

So I honsetly keep forgetting that you post my letters but I don't really censure them. I just don't write becuase I just don't. Idk. BUt I'll try to work on that a little more. You just sit down at the computer and everything in your mind goes blank. and it's like nearly impossible to remember. SO much stuff just passes right through.

Anyways that's cool about Em and Sad she lost the picture but I'm glad she loved it so much. So did brooks letter get there yet? I was going to write and send court's today but I am being transfered so I don't know if I will manage to get it off this week...sorry. But as for Brook HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Feliz Aniversario!

Help the missionaries a ton. You don't have any idea how large an influence a friend is in the missionary work. The missionaries need the help of the members but it shouldnt always be the same member. But try to give references, do visits with them. Don't be afraid to help them out. References help so much and are such better investigators. So don't be shy.


Baptism.
Alright so yes we had a baptism last week or something like that I'm not too sure, I just know it was the first day of march. Her name is Maria and she was someone we found when the whole neighboorhood flooded. And then lost contact of her when she went back to her house. She is a really cool lady and she taught me and Elder Gerald an important lesson. Something that is really cool because I was studying about it after her baptism and it clicked in my head. That the people we teach need to recognize that we are represtatives of Christ and His church. And when they recognize this they are prepared to recieve the gospel because they accept everything we teach. It was a talk called the Challenging and Testifying Missionary.  But she still doesn't fully understand everything we teach her and she cannot read. But she knew that were are representatives of Jesus Christ and felt the Spirit and was baptized because she knows what we teach is true. She is someone that has a strong character and keeps her word. 

As for color tie...BLUE! or red that would work too. Tell talon that's awesome he got so many goals. I'm so proud of him. And that's tought about kiki's arm. How's school going for her? How's court? I'm STILL waiting for an email from her :p And I really appreciate your long email and sorry I don't do long emails. I just get here and I'm so tired, haha so tired because we are working so hard.But don't worry about us we are all good. I will get the letters tomorrow and I'll let you know next week whose I got. Alright Love you tons and miss you a bunch. 
Love,

Elder Simonsen

DEAREST MOMSIE AND POPSICLE

There's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz....
haha anyways just wanted to write another letter because I have more time and I was really tired when I was writing the first one, and I don't want you to worry because I don't think I sounded to excited in that other letter. BUt It's just because I havent been sleeping as well. We live above a pet store and they have new puppies!....yeah so they bark all night and some people have been really loud at 4 in the morning and I never fall alseep after. BUt NAyways this week has been good. And the experience of the week was personal study. I have been studying the doctrine and covenants and the book of mormon. Trying to use the book of Mormon more when we teach and stressing or emphasizing the importance of reading it. So I'm at the point now where I can literally just sit down and read the Book Of Mormon and just enjoy the words the stories and the lessons they teach. During personal study I can read like 10 chapters of if they are long like 5 but I love reading the book of Mormon. SO usually when I have spare time I like to open it and read chapters that I like a lot or ones that I feel I need to understand better or will share later in the day.
It truly is amazing to just sit down and read and ponder about the things in the Book Of Mormon. I like reading a lot Mosiah 19 & 5 and Alma 5 and just a bunch of other place int 2nd nephi and just jumping around in the book of ALma. I love reading about Alma the Younger and sometimes about his Father and Abinadi.  It's so cool and has so much we can learn. But what's even cooler is when the Lord shows you what to study. Having a personal study, guided by the Spirit. Your knowledge and understanding is literally opened and enlarged. One thing that stood out to me this week wasthat through the Atonement of Christ ordinary men become Extraordinary. The Power of the Atonement is so immense and expanding to so much more than we can understand but is principled around a remmission of our Sins. IT's crazy, but it's true. They have a scripture in 2nd Nephi 9 that talks about the infinite atonement and it is so deep and yet so simple but filled with rich meaning.
The Book of Moromon opens up your understanding and your eyes and in reality reavels the mysteries of God, if and only if we dilligently seek the companionship of the Holy Ghost, as our teacher. IT's amazing to me that so much is opened up to me, so much I've missed and still I'm reading in a another language. Like I'm reading in portuguese and it's so clear, simple, and pure. Jumping out of the page, right at you. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it is the Word of our God, written for us in our days. Saved to help us in our times of need and to be as well a stumbling block for those who don't believe. Why because it testifies of Christ. Of whom I am a representative, and of whom I bear solem testimony that He lives and is our Savior. In His sacred name I share this testimony, yea Jesus Christ, Amen..
Love,
Elder Simonsen
 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment