Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday June 2, 2014


WOW sounds like a crazy week. Graduation, I can't even imagine....i really apprecaite the pictures though. Court's hat looks super sweet. THose pĂ­ctures look really cool. ANd that's awesome about mr. Rule. The Sisters have to visit him everyday now. Read with him and help him recognize the spirit. 
So as for where i am know. I'm in vilha velha, basically the st. augustine of  Espirito Santo. Tons of old buildings and stuff like that. HIstorical sites and what not. But where I work is a bit of a newer area and a little bit longer from all the historic sites. I'm in a neighborhood called cobilândia. Its actually a super awesome ward. like they are amazing. They are working so well with the missionaries. They have a closet that has a ton of supplies the missionaries can use, videso, triple combinations, book of mormon, pamphlets, its amazing and is saving us because we don't have anything. The mission has a shortage of pamphlets and book of mormon so bascically we're just going for it. As for being zone leader, I'm district leader here and I'm training again. He's from Curitiba and he's name is Elder Barreto. First week was p´retty fun, new area, new missionary. Don't know where anything is, so the first 2-3 days we were completely lost. But I know where a maority of things are now and we are still learning some of the areas. I'm living with elder Park again. So of my 7 transfers in the mission I have lived or rather will live, 5 of them with him. IT will be an interesting transfer. We are like best friends but they have obedience difficulties.......so I'll learn alot this transfer.
The area is really good, I get fed a lot so that wieght I lost will be coming back really quick. I show everyone the picture of us on the beach and no one can find me. They think it's my brother or something, Haha only because I'm super skinny, and...well because I buzzed my hair. I was trying to cut it and yeah, 2 all the way around. But here they have a 2 high and a 2 low......it was a 2 low. But it's already grown back a ton ;) 
As for the ipod, all the music you ut on the pendrive, all the byu music I had. Conference in english or portuguese, talks you all like. It will probably be easier if you but sessions because i can sift through them to find certain talks but its up to you. CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like the motab cd you put on the pendrive (Christmas one).
_____________________________________________________________
That's awesome she talked during the seminary graduation!!! I wish I could have been there. It would have been so cool! Was brook making faces at her like she did during that missionary fireside with me? Tell talon he has to go to church because I'm at church in brazil and its what right and its what jesus wants him to do. Talking about your experience with that man, Yeah I love it when people tell me what I believe or what they think I want to say. THere are a lot of people that tell me what we believe and what are doctrine is....which doesn't make anysense to me, because they have never even been to church or talked with a memeber....Just what they've heard. Then they don't want to hear anything from us, representatives of not only Jesus Christ but of His Church. 
This week was really good. It gave me a lot of time to reflect, now that I'm not running around all the time. I have so much time to think and ponder and really work on who I am now. I can really study and ponder. I found a scripture that says "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee" Isaiah 26:3 ANd I really liked that scripture because this week I've really been trying to have prayer guided by the spirit. But Ive been feeling so long from the SPirit and I was trying to figure out why. I had already recieved inpsiration that you need to be still to feel the spirit so what was I lacking? what I learned is that it isn't a stillness of mind (though it helps) but a stillness of heart. Everything we do goes back to our heart and our desires. That's why its so important to have a might change of heart. The atonement changes our character and our character is in essence who we are which has to do with the desire of our heart. For where your heart is there is your treasure also. I haven't been still in my heart, not completely at least and I was getting caught up in the vain things of the mission and was super prideful ( i still am) I've been trying so hard to be humble, so hard to put myself equal with others. But it's really hard when you watch them be disobedient and do things wrong. SO my focus is humilty and being humble and service the key.
Anyways I love you all and miss you all so much! love Elder Simonsen

 Baptism we had yesterday (members daughter)


No comments:

Post a Comment