Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday July 14, 2014


Wow sounds like you all are having a ton of fun. thank you so much for the pictures they really mean a lot to me and I'm so grateful you sent them. That's so sweet that talon caught a fish!!!!! I miss fishing... we will have to go when we get back and he can show me how it's done. Congrats kiara on your blessing!!!!! That will be so sweet when you get it and can read it. Make sure to study it and treasure it because its special for you!!!!!!! That's super sweet about their testimony meeting sunday in young womens. It's always super cool to have an opportunity to bear your testimony. It's one of the most powerful tools we have, because the Spirit can testify so clearly and strongly.
Yeah so the games haven't been that good, this week was a little tough for us because they had 2 games this week, tuesday and saturday and we last friday because the zone leaders decided to do a division and yeah so we worked only wednesday and thursday and sunday this week. Monday right when p-day ended the skies opened and out fell rain, like if someone had taken a fire house and just dummped everything on you. Fun stuff, i did get new shoes that day. A member when we got to his house (soaking wet) gave me his old pair of shoes, so I'm good on the shoes part and as for socks....I'm waiting for president to call me back to know if I can go to the shopping and get some. Idk how it will go. SO as for what we do those days we were inside...usually it's about the equivalent of sitting there and staring at the ceiling and wondering what time it is... and then realize you still have 6 hours before you can go to bed. So usually I sleep for an hour, read for a little, try to write letters (usually takes about one hour to actually finish a letter) listen to some music, ponder my life and its meaning.It's not super bad but sometimes you get really bored. 

So I decided (was prompted) to start memorizing scriptures. At least one a day, I think I've memorized maybe 9 now. Maybe, and just repeat them during the day. It actually is a super cool idea and is sweet because you can really ponder on the meaning of the scripture and then the Spirit can open your understanding. It's something that is something you always hear about but until you do it, you don't realize the power of it. I'm trying to focus too and writing in my journal a little each night but that honestly isn't going to well. I'm writing but not as frequently as I should...but it was cool because I looked back this week on when I was in the mtc and some of the journal entries that I had and things I learned and how close I was to the Spirit and how he truly helped me learn portuguese. It really is a huge gift I've been given. As for these lessons I had a couple others that were really cool, like one i wrote in a letter for courtney because I finally got a letter from her!!!!!! :)))) But one of the greatest is patience. Patience and patience and more patience. Because if you are patient and calm and tranquil you have the Spirit. Sometimes (most of the time) your patience is tried and you just have to be obedient and smile and move on. but the thing is that if you always keep an eternal perspective you have no problem being patient. President Hinckley, when he was a newly ordained Apostle, gave a talk at byu in 1958 tittled the 7 Pillars of Wisdom and had a couple quotes that I liked. One was "Live each day as if you shall live forever, for you shall." 
But all is well in this part of the Vineyard and the work is always progressing "like a stone cut without hands." I love you all and miss you so much and thank you so much for the pictures.
Love Elder Simonsen

26 And now, behold, who can stand against the works of the Lord? Who can deny his sayings? Who will rise up against the almighty power of the Lord? Who will despise the works of the Lord? Who will despise the children of Christ? Behold, all ye who are despisers of the works of the Lord, for ye shall wonder and perish.
 27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
 28 Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God.

Mormon 9

No comments:

Post a Comment