Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday September 8th, 2014

This week was an interesting week. Not too much happened, the weeks are starting to fly by too fast and time is really starting to run together. I cant imagine how it will be next year as I close the mission. SO first of all sounds like you all had a ton of fun at wild adventures. Looks like everyone is so much bigger and older and its a little weird to see how every one has changed so much. Courtney didn't go? Treasure every moment because you never know when you will have another again. Family is so important and it's something that I've realized this week. We have been working with a half member family, the dad isnt baptized but the mom and the daughter are and they aren't active in the church because they were discouraged and stopped going by themself. They have such a desire to do whats right and love having the missionaries over and the dad when he prays he prays with such sincerety its difficult to believe that he isnt a member. We met with some other families and i just got to thinking, Do they really understand what they are missing? Do they really understand the blessings of the temple? WHat they can gain or what they can lose? SO I've been thinking about the temple alot and the blessings that we have and the things that we can do.And trying to understand why they don't understand. Why they don't want the blessings of an eternal family, the peace and joy that comes from being obedient to the gospel. I don't have a definite answer but I understand that I really want those things and that my job as a missionary is to help people understand their potential but ultimately they make a decision. I've just been super grateful that I have that chance, that I have that opportunity.
This last week we had interviews with President and I got to talk to sister for quite a while. It was hard talking in english and translating for the brazilians but It was a really cool discusion and she is super spiritual. She reminds me of MIss Clause and she has a huge love for the missionaries. Her and President. They are completely different then President and Sister before. Sister was sharing with me the stories and lessons she had learned from her life, her mission and being prepared in the mtc as a Presidents wife and just a ton of really cool discusions.
Sorry I don't have much to write this week. JUst didn't have anything out of the ordinary. We have a baptism scheudled for saturday and if all goes well  the other missionaries in the district will have one too.
I'm trying to focus more on my character lately, on who I am, how I act and think and what I do and say. I'm trying to watch myself and get a lot closer to our Father in heaven. So I'm doing a lot of thinking and pondering and self anaylsis. But yesterday we had an opportunity to go to the hospital. The Relief society president's mom is there because she is suffereing a lot of pain. I really like that family a lot and we had been there saturday to talk with her (The President) and we had talked with her mom a little while we were there and then I guess two hours after we left she went to the hospital and I think she is still there today. BUt we went there yesterday and it was an interesting experience. The Spirit was really strong around her and she isnt a member but I think this experience might help her a lot. We participated in the blessing and then just talking to her a little brightening her day and helping her to laugh was an experience that I wont forget. I'm studying alot a talk by President Eyring about magnifying your calling and ministering with the Spirit and there is a realy good example of President KImball in his talk but its so important to walk with the Spirit and to minister rather than to lead or do. It's like a higher level. I'm not sure how to explain it but I had the opportunity to experience a little of it yesterday. ANyways we are all good and alive and well and the work is progressing forward and will ever do so.
Love you all and miss you tons
Elder Simonsen


No comments:

Post a Comment