Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday May 11, 2015



Thanks And the pictures look really good. I really enjoyed talking to you all and seeing how everyone has changed so much. So that picture of dad with the gas can.....did you run out of gas? Hahaha but dad looks good, his hair was really long...... but the blue looked good. Haha I miss the zoo.

But yeah not too much to write about this week. Should be lots of fun this week. We have had a lot of problems with mission rules this week....so.....I'm getting kinda nervous. I think we might be getting some calls. For example, yesterday...you can only talk for 30-40 mins and yes I went over to about an hour in total but the other missionaries here with me in colatina....they spent at least 2 hours and the sisters talked for at least 4 or 5....with everyone.........they know and their families..................so............no one worked yesterday and I even asked them to get off and only use one hour.......should be fun. Almost there, just a little bit longer. They are all really good people though, I love them a lot. But the things I've studied this week are the Book of Mormon, and I've been thinking a lot about those 2 talks from conference by President Uctdorf and President Eyring. SO this week we are encouraging everyone to read these talks and to study them and to really focus on the book of mormon becuase we need a really big change of heart. We all really need to remember why we are here and what is our purpose and walk in the Spirit and find those whom the Lord indicates is ready to recieve  the gospel. So we need to work on following the Spirit and challenging the people to baptism. So..........we are going to have to work really hard this week and really focus our hearts on Christ. I know it will make a huge difference and that we will be able to focus on Christ and really center HIm in our lives. There is such a purity and a love that fills you when you do this. When you really focus on the Savior and HIs teaching and try to become like Him. I know it will all work out and that we must do our best. I feel that it will all be fine.

As for the people I'm talking to....in all reality most everyone stopped talking to me or I stopped talking to them. Right, so  emily, sent me a letter close to the end of her mission, and it was good just missionary stuff (thats all its ever been mom, nothing more :p I went on the mission with no one, just friends) but I knew she would be going home soon so I basically told her to forget herself and enjoy the end of her mission, haha never got another letter or word. Anne, havent talked to her since I left BYU. Tasha, she sent me an email when she got home and I basically kind of told her the same thing, study hard, work hard and dont worry about me. Morgan, wrote her a letter she said she was writing one back, but....Its been almost 6 months now....so I'm not too worried( I sent it in december) Other than that, I got a few emails from some sisters from my group but I dont really respond that often, I always write you, dad, and kiki, or courtney. (Still WAITING for brook's letter or email.....just saying ya know) I havent heard from my friend from BYU for a while they are finishing their missions in like 3 weeks and are super busy. NIck I have an email i need to read and David sent me one as well but their emails are generally every once in 2-3 months. I sent emails to Eric but he hasnt responded....i think something happened with his parents.....Idk i just heard they moved, like a year ago. And other than that , there really isnt anything. Of those 31 emails from the beginning I uasually receive 12-14 now of which about 5-6 are yours, 3-4 from the mission, and a couple updates or weekly updates from John and other people. Haha its all good though. It works out well.

But yeah church yesterday was really good, we learned about the Book of Mormon and a member bore his testimony about the missionaries going to his house and sharing it with him and how it changed his life 14 years ago. It was really powerfull and came at the right time. Anways I love you all and miss you so much I hope you all get better and that you read the book of Mormon.

Love,
Elder Simonsen

No comments:

Post a Comment