Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday April 14th, 2014

Okay first of all..................prom????????????????????? Wow Didn't even know and second of all... is mathew Drabek a member? He was in rotc with me and with Ryan I know from cross country. He's awesome.  But the Photos are sweet and it looks like a lot of fun. It's crazy that they are all so old now. I was looking at the photos you sent me from like 5 months ago this morning and thinking about how much they changed and then seeing the photos today, they are completely diferent but one thing hasn't changed....I still haven't gotten an email from them.

So my face is fine. It's all healed and honestly might scar but it's really little and you really can't notice it. I had to look really hard to find it. This week was pretty safe. I don't think anything really happened. We had a baptism but I wasn't in the photo because I was on the phone talking with some missionaries fixing some stuff. SO this week I'll take a picture with him and send it to ya next week. He's super awesome. He stopped us in the supermarket and asked us how he could be a missionary like us. two weeks ago, and yesterday he was asking again about how long he would have to wait to go on a mission and stuff. So he's pretty sweet. We have another lady who we are teaching that will probably be baptized in 2 weeks (would be sooner but we won't be here at all this week) and we found anoter family last night. We are just being so blessed. Last week I spent the whole week with the other missionaries of Linhares doing divisions with them and helping them out, went to São Mateus and this newxt week will be 3 days in Nova venecia and until saturday in São Mateus. Other sad news, Elder Miller anouced this week that this is his last week in the mission, everyone thought he had one more transfer but he's going home this transfer and no one knew. But good news, we are going to his house today to have french toest, peanut butter m&m's and other american food. I'm going to miss him.

So that is basically my week in a nutshell and really quick. This week we also have interviews with the president but I'm really not sure when we will get to do them. We are traveling all week soooo...who knows but I should get letters this week :) As for the language it has gotten to the point where reading in english is difficult. I was trying to read the bible this week and I just couldn't understand a lot of it. Portuguse yes, some no because has words that I don't know but that was a fun experiece. As for fires, haven't heard anything about fires. I'm in Esprito Santo and not really much happens here. So I'm safe don't worry about me. The Lord protects his servants. JUst have to listen to the Spirit and you will be fine.

That's sweet about the Latasa's Hopefully it will all work out for them. Yes I'm in a branch and we are working a ton with the members. It isn't easy because the members have had bad experiences with other missionaries but it really is a crucial part o the work of the Lord and the work goes so much smoother and better with the members participating.

Yeah I can't think about aything else....everything is good. Super happy, I'm eating, I'm actually freezing right now because this lan house has air conditioning. BUt its all good because outside is nice and warm. Finally got a chance to listen to the priesthood session of COnference and it was realy awesome. I'm glad I picked it up last week. Alright  I love you all and miss you all so much!

love,
ELder Simonsen

ps. Have fun in the Temple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Show message history

No comments:

Post a Comment