Brexton has been sent off to Vitoria, Brazil for his LDS mission.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday March 2nd, 2015

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!!!!


Sorry I cant send any, both memory cards have viruses now and so they dont open on computers to send pictures...but they still work so....I'll just keep using them. If i had brought the camera chord i wouldnt have had any problems.........I'll just have to wait now. Only a little bit longer. Speaking of which don't send anymore packages after today because they probably will get here after I leave.....or the last couple weeks. So yeah its better to not even try. But We'll see how it goes. I'm glad the birthday letter I sent you like 6 months ago got there...............................

Anyways sounds like you all are having a ton of fun and the eagle projects sounded super fun. Courtney's pictures were a little scary but its all good and as for everyone using my clothes...its all good go for it. But i'm super happy you all are doing things and visiting super cool places and having a ton of fun. Enjoy the nature because its super beautiful and tons of fun.

Anyways this week we finally had a baptism. Since the first week we have been here we have been working with her so that she could be baptized and she was! Yesterday after church! But I didnt have my camera......so the bishops wife took pictures. But we had a ton of people at the baptism and it was super spiritual. She will be confirmed next week but she felt so good after her baptism. She said she was the happiest she had ever been. You could really see that when she was sitting there after her baptism while the 1st counselor was giving the welcome talk. She is 19 and the missionaries have been trying to teach her for a good while now. She is lais's friend and because of Lais she was baptized. So just imagine what you could do for your friends. What you have is a joy without measure and you can share it with your friends. All it takes it to listen to the spirit and invite them to hear the missionaries. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission and see the changes in the lives of Heavenly Fathers children. He has a plan for every single one of us and loves us so much. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that the weeks been pretty good. I've been working a lot on being humble and just accepting when people treat me wrong or try to prove me wrong or anything else. If i need to I'll defend but if not I wont argue, it just turns away the spirit. Its not easy, especially when they are talking about your country, your points of view, or are saying your wrong. But its worth it to have the spirit with you. To be meek and humble of heart. The reward you recieve isnt of men but of God and as such is an eternal reward. This week I've studied john 17 a lot and how wer are in the world and not of the world and how we much become perfect in Christ and one with Him and the Father. How we literally have to walk watching ourselves in every aspect and how when we become one with them we have a power greater that we have ever felt and a love bigger than we can imagine. Study the scriptures, turn to the Lord completely and put Him in the first place in your heart. Seek to do His work and forget everything else. Do what He asks you to do.

I'm going to try and finish the book of mormon this week. I'm in 3rd nephi 14.......so I'll have to read a ton and then I'll try and read it in 40 days again..It should be fun. There really isnt too much to say about the week. We are working hard, the area is beautiful and super huge. But the Lord will help us. The sisters in our district are really great sisters and workling really hard and the members are amazing. I love you all and hope you all are well. Sorry that the letter isnt super long.

Love Elder Simonsen


Sister Regina Marques (the bishop's wife) sent me pictures today from yesterday's baptism. 






No comments:

Post a Comment